This scholarship is extended to all graduating seniors attending an accredited high school throughout Marion County, Indiana. Scholarship amounts may vary and will be determined by the Fraternity representatives. To be considered for a scholarship, the student MUST be accepted as a full-time freshman for the fall term of 2021 at an accredited college or university. The scholarship will be based on individual financial need, academic
achievement, extracurricular activities, and participation in community service.
To apply for the scholarship, the student must:
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- Submit a completed application. Applications may be legibly hand-printed or typed. If you are under the age of 21, the application must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- If under the age of 21, the application must be certified by a parent or guardian.
- Submit an official transcript indicating overall GPA and/or class rank. Transcripts must include all grades through the first semester of the applicant’s senior year.
- Submit two (2) original letters of recommendation. The first must be from an educator who can attest to the academic knowledge of you as a student. The second letter may be from an employer, community leader, minister, or someone other than a family member who can attest to your character and any other significant achievements.
- Submit a copy of your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Recommenders must submit all letters to the Fraternity in a sealed envelope with your name and their name written on the sealed envelope.
- Submit a typed biographical essay consisting of between 250 to 500 words that detail your educational goals. In the essay, please explain your goals and your plan to achieve them.•Submit copies of all letters of acceptance from colleges and universities.
The completed application and supporting materials must be received or postmarked by February 5, 2021.
Any received or postmarked after that date will not be considered and returned to the applicant. Incomplete applications will not be considered and returned to the applicant.
If you have questions or need further information, please contact DeVol Tyson – Director of Education at: